Research Problem: Digital Data After We Die
Execution Duration: 6 months
- Field of Study: The specific area you will research, the discipline your project exists within. [2 weeks]
– Find the themes/burning issues and related specific area, describe why they are important.
– Develop the mind map of the themes/burning issues, connect to the wider context.
- Literature Review(Contextual Research): For context currently out there [4 weeks]
– Summarise the current knowledge of research in this defined area.
– Compare, contrast and relate different theories and practices.
– Historical context(before) and contemporary context(now).
– Explain your intention, what you focus for your project will be.
- Primary Research: Anything you get yourself. [2 weeks]
– Survey workshop (for target groups individually to explore what is people need).
- Expert Research: Narrow down to the specific problem: [2 weeks]
– Come up with problem definition.
– Summarise what your vision of the design solution will be.
- Ideation and Analysis Research: [2 weeks]
– Brainstorming: collaborate lots of ideas and wild solutions.
– Share inspiration/storyboard, make sure they cover the key aspects of your solution.
– Consider the core principles underpinning your themes/burning issue and keep revising them.
– Integrate Feedback and Iterate.
- Focus down to 2 Solutions: [2 weeks]
– Processing and analysis of data.
– Measurement and scaling techniques.
- Prototyping and Testing: [8 weeks]
– Create a plan/timetable for how you’re going to implement the project.
– Continue to iterate, solicit feedback, and build those learnings back into your solution.
– A Ways to Grow Framework: understand how difficult your design solutions might be to implement.
- Decision of Final Prototype: [4 weeks]
– Define Success: imagine what success would look like from different angles.
– Make capabilities quick sheet for your project.
– Measure and Evaluate your work.